View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 02:29 PM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Lymond I think comparing IWD2 with the original is a matter of opinion. Personally I prefer the original with HoW out of the two. I like my second edition rules just fine as it is just far easier to create parties without doing much thinking. Developing characters is far more important in IWD2 with 3rd edition rules, as compared to IWD. Some people like that however I just prefer to start as quickly as possible and play the game. When I first started IWD2 creating my first party took a longer time as there is a lot more you need to know and think about, and I had to start over because I found my party a little week. There are areas of the game that become impossible or very difficult if you didn't plan ahead and if a character doesn't have enough points in a certain skills, but how are you going to know this without playing to that point. It is possible to get almost to the end and realize you need a certain amount of skill in something to get anywhere else, then you are hooped and have to start from scratch. I don't know if this happened to anyone but I for one would have been a little annoyed if it happened to me. Actually if I remember it did happen to me but I used a game editor to make the potion required to move on. After having been through the game you become a little more knowledgeable and know were the pitfalls are. Having said that IWD2 is a good game and I do recommend it. Lets just say I will install and play it again at some point.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote