View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 12:31 PM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

No, IWD & HoW go together as HoW is an expansion. IWD can be played without HoW, but you need IWD installed to play HoW. There is another free expansion for this game called Trials of the Luremaster that can be downloaded at http://www.gamebanshee.com/icewinddale/downloads.php . You will need both IWD & HoW to play it. For installing, install IWD, than HoW (HoW is a patch as well than the patch for HoW. I think patch can be found at same link above.)

IWD2 is a separate game with a different story.

IWD uses 2nd edition rules and IWD2 uses 3rd edition rules.

I recommend playing IWD & HoW first as there are many references to this game in IWD2. Not necessary as they are separate stories but for me I think it added something by playing them in order. As your like "I remember that, cool!"

As for the paladin you will likely get better deals at stores do to the fact that is charisma is higher. It does not affect gold or items gained though quests in IWD, although in IWD2 if you allow your paladin to talk he will often refuse quest rewards. In IWD there is a formidable sword that can be found that can only be used by a paladin.

Oh, and welcome to the boards feel free to ask any questions.

[ 09-30-2003, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote