View Single Post
Old 10-22-2001, 03:53 PM   #143
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

~ She stares out of the window, her forefinger twirling a curl of her raven black hair. Absently, she places her left hand on the ledge. For a moment, her eyes stare into the horizon, and she is lost in the world of fighting taking place beyond the window. A pang of loneliness strikes her, as she listens to the camaraderie between the swordswomen ~ I don't belong here entirely anymore, much as I'd like to think so… I must be on my way soon. ~ As she looks down, her eyes rest on the ring of fire resistance on her left hand and her cheeks turn pale. ~

~ "What is it, Mistral?" ~ She glances up to see Ursula right in front of her. Hurriedly, she places her hands behind her back ~ "Nothing, Mother Matron." ~ Her pulse races as she feels Ursula's disapproving gaze raking across her face ~ She knows… she knows… ~

~ "You seem troubled, Mistral… and that is most unusual for you. I haven't seen you so discomfited before in all the time you've spent in our Society." ~ She pauses for a moment, before adding sardonically ~ "It's a man, isn't it?" ~ Her words slap Mistral across the cheek. ~ Mistral shakes her head vigorously. ~

~ "Don't deny it, you silly child! Yes, I call you 'child' for the first time since your return, because that is exactly what you've shown yourself to be in the area of love! Your emotions are written all over your face… yes, it started as a fiery romance, I suppose. And now, even the sight of a ring is a painful memory. I cannot believe that you were so foolish as to throw my advice away like that." ~ Ursula sighs heavily ~ "You were always one of my brightest stars." ~

~ Blinking her eyes rapidly, Mistral grips her blades tightly before she finds her normal voice ~ "I am not so lost as you might think, Matron Mother. It is over, as you say, and I am starting my life anew. And this time, I will not fail you again." ~

~ "Good…" ~ A smile of satisfaction forms on Ursula's lips ~ "…good… " ~