Thread: rich people
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 02:53 PM   #11
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Before reading this, understand I am not attacking anyone here, this is just a general rant, so please don't feel as if I'm attacking you, I'm not. *hugs*

Not "a lot of people" who are rich rip others off, that is in fact a small majority, and most of them do not get rich off it, and in fact, wind up in jail after some time.

Sorry, but I busted my butt to get where I am. I worked 3 (yes THREE) part time jobs at once plus went to school at the same time (at 18 you can function on 3 hours/night sleep, at 29, not really doable [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ) to get to where I am. Mommy and Daddy didn't hand me anything, not that they weren't loving and supportive, they just couldn't afford to help, they were barely making ends meet as it is. I worked like crazy and pinched every penny while going to school for a degree. Now that I have it, I am making a really good salary. I give my time (and some money) to charity, but don't go saying that because I make so much I should give it away. I work (and have worked) long and hard for this money so that I can have the life I have and not have to worry about how I'll pay the rent next month or if I can go on trips or have a car that I can rely on.

My brother has done nothing with his life so far, he has no job, he got fired 4 months ago and still hasn't even looked for another, let alone apply for any assisstance. He dropped out of school 3 times (even though my parent were helping him pay his bills while there -- they're in a better financial situation now that we're out of the house) and he does nothing to help himself. Yet, he sits around and acts like somehow I have money because I'm lucky. He seems to forget about how I lived in a 1 room apartment and had only ramen noodles and Mac&Cheese for 4 years and worked like crazy to get to where I am.

[ 01-20-2005, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: harleyquinn ]