View Single Post
Old 11-26-2001, 01:29 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

There is nothing wrong with 'cheating' in a game-critical item like this. I keep saying this, but nobody seems to listen. What you consider cheating may be totally different from someone elses definition. The only rule is: play the game in the way YOU enjoy it, whether that involves cheating or not.
I'll tell you this: if I need stuff Identified and I haven't got enough lore for it, no way in hell am I going to pay 100 gp per Identify or wait until I get across a Scroll; I just cheat some Identify scrolls into my inventory. I'm not ashamed of it; it doesn't make me omnipotent in the game, it doesn't ruin the gaming experience, in fact, it increases my enjoyment of the game because it's so easy.

So just get the key back using CLUAconsole (it's much easier than using Shadowkeeper, take less time and is less likely to screw up your game - in fact, it's impossible to screw up your game using this method [img]smile.gif[/img] )!
Here's exactly how you do it:

Go to your BG2 folder and find the Baldur.ini file. Make a back-up of it to be safe. Open the file, and under the header Program Options, add the following line:

Debug Mode=1

Save the file and start up your game. When you're in your current game, press Ctrl + Space, and a small typing window will appear. Copy the following exactly into the window:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MISC4S")

now press Enter.

Hope this helps, good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]