View Single Post
Old 11-10-2001, 09:42 AM   #21
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I have Mislead in my Chain Contingency precisely to avoid contact with direct melee combat, this will disable your ability to use the scroll of Protection from Magic on the Sorcerer/Mage, and last I recall, Monks cannot cast Improved Invisibility( Thieves can though because of Use any Item). Unless you can get rid of the Mislead, your GWs are useless.

The Monk may still be able to overcome the Sorcerer/Mage under the SoA Xp Cap, but the Sorcerer/Mage will definitely be stronger than the Monk under the ToB Xp Cap.

Even if you have 100% Magic Resistance, that is what the Spell Trigger is for. Even if you choose to go invisible, so can a Sorcerer/Mage, but at least they can call upon a Planeter to help dispel the Warrior's invisibility, and that is your cue to fire a Spell Trigger filled with 3 Lower Resistances.

Cue multiple casting of Skull Traps, Fireballs, ADHWs, Greater Malison, Emotion, etc... ...

It is all about the tactics.

This is not to say a Sorcerer/Mage is invulnerable, I know of one kit which can screw a Sorcerer/Mage badly, and no, it is not the Wizard Slayer, think Keldorn.

[ADD]
I am surprised nobody brought up the Inquisitor up till now though, I wanted to mention it before I went for dinner outside, but I was in a rush and decided to post it later. Heh, heh.
[/ADD]

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]