View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 09:36 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have Road Runner Cable internet connection, which is by Time Warner cable. This qualified me for their new telephone service, which is digital phone connection. It is sweet because it has no long distance fees at all. I can talk to my sister in Hawaii as if it were a local call anytime day or night, no restricitons. The cost of this phone depends on what other service you have with Time Warner. If a person has both internet and cable tv...the cost is $40.00 for the phone connect. If a person only has one service, the cost of the phone connect is $45.00.

I do not have cable tv, as we only watch the shows that one can get on antenna, so what I learned is that I can get cable tv basic, which is what I am gettin now, but with cable clarity for $8.00/month, which would deduct $5.00 from the phone cost to bring it down to $40, so that in the end, I would only be paying like $3.00 for the clarity of basic television without the fuzz of antenna life. In the end, I will be paying less than $94/month for all three services. The deal was too good to pass up, especially with the throwing away of any care for long distance calling. Having Road Runner Cable for nearly four years now, I know that they treat me better and have better response to my problems than any other company I have dealt with. I feel safe giving them my phone service mostly because I have had bad trouble with MCI, AT&T, and Bellsouth over the past four years. If Time Warner treats my phone as well as they do my cable internet...I will be very pleased. They will have to do a good job. The biggest way to market a product is by word of mouth from friends and family, so if they want business from them, they have to treat me right. Then I will refer their services to everyone else, which is free marketing for them.