View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 02:32 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I bought this keyboard yesterday.

It has alot of good stuff to it, but also some negatives. I was hoping to find out how to do a couple things from one of you smart ones. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Good:
It has one-touch buttons that short-cut you to various things like favorite URLs, My Documents folder, opens Outlook, messenger, my pics, my music, etc...and also has a slider button for zooming. Not to mention it has the quietest keys of any in the store. It is not a wireless, because I did not want the hassle of a battery. They cost too much, anyway.

The Bad: I am not used to the design, especially the tilt. Even tilted, it is more flat than my old cheap one, so my fingers get more work and I make more mistakes in typing, having to type slower because of this. I hope to get used to it soon.

Now for the reason I have to ask you all something. I have two buttons that I cannot use, the short cut keys that open "my pics" and "my music." I know that XP comes with these very folders under the My documents heading...but I do not have my music and pics there. In fact, I deleted those folders. I have my pics on the E drive and the music on the D drive. This stuff is in their own folders on these drives. What I cannot do is make the short cut button point to those folders. I even renamed them exactly what they are looking for, but they will not find the folders. What am I doing wrong?

Nevermind...I figured it out. It just took a minute to think about it.

[ 12-29-2004, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]