Thread: IRON MAIDEN
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 10:46 PM   #22
Saltheart Foamfollower
Manshoon

I listen to alot of heavy metal music... I have been for over 25 years now, and i have enjoyed watching some bands progress to greater heights, and I have watched some bands just peter out and go comercial... I listen to alot of the new breed of metal out hter today... Mudvayne, Arch Ememy, Spineshank, Sevendust, Chimiria, along with the oldstuff like Pantera, Cannibal Corpse, Danzig, Megadeath, etc...

It is relaxing... Ilike nothing more than seeing live shows... I am going to enjoy seeing Slayer and Hatebreed next month... They both have put on great shows in the past, and are incredible in concert... But it is relaxing... It allows me to drain tension from my body and mind kicking back with some death/thrash/speed/goth metal in the background...

It is sad when some bands try to come back and grab their heyday, but can't quite do it... Madien is one of those groups... They went thru alot of changes over the years before the orignal members all go back together again... It has not been the same... I am afaid that is what is going to happen to Judas Priest since Halford is back fronting the band again... It has been such a long time since Rob and the boys have played, and lets see how that affects their songwriting capabilities, let alone their cohesivness as a band again...