Old 09-18-2003, 04:38 PM   #34
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
you cant take npcs to bg2 from bg1 in bgt
That's what I thought as well... Which is in my opinion the biggest disappointment about BGT, I'd have loved to take a few other characters through BG2 for a change. But on the other hand, the lack of scripts for those original BG1-characters could make it slightly on the boring side, much like a *shudder* game of Icewind Dale. [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]NOT true. Although it is buggy you can (and I have) take EVERY NPC (except Dynaheir and Khalid obviously) to SoA. It still is buggy though (the transition was probably the hardest part to code) and I imagine they have no banter.
Strangest thing is that you can still take NPCs to SoA who have cameos there (I had Xzar talk to Xzar ) and even recruitable ones.
NPC cameo SPOILERS - following NPCs make appearances in SoA and their current status in BGT
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
  • Imoen, Minsc and Jaheira are captured with you in the starting dungeon - they will transition from BG1 with their exact stats which certainly is an upside.
  • Viconia and Edwin are recruitable in SoA - can be transported from BG to Chateau Irenicus but they seem to be missing at their regular locations in SoA if you dealt (recruited, freed) with them in BG1 even if you do not transfer them. This however does not take away the plots (stake, Mae'Var) but CLUAing them in will help to avoid plot-stoppers
  • Xzar and Montaron are involved in the early Harper plot - can be transitioned and even used as party member in respective quest (regular SoA Xzar will still be there)
  • Ajantis is one of the paladins you kill in Windspear hills - can be transitioned (don't know about plot issues as I did not take him that far)
  • Yeslick and Kivan don't appear in SoA AFAIK - can be transitioned perfectly
  • don't know transitioning for all the other but I imagine it will work like the above which is strange because many of them have "cameos" (Coran, Safana, Faldorn, Garrick, Quayle, Tiax)

[ 09-18-2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Faceman ]