Thread: baby sketch
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 08:39 PM   #6
Spirits forever

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
quote:
Originally posted by Spirits forever:
well i can see a few things, the shading is alittle too rough, imo, and then the baby is too light, and well arounf the mouth of the right figure, the hard line made it look old.. as if it were wrinkles..do you get what i mean?
but then again..i'm not too big on drawing real ppl [img]tongue.gif[/img]

overall it's pretty good
shading is hard with a mechanical pencil. hard to find a real one that isn't color around here. i do much better with art pencils, but i don't have the moneyf or them. of course i did do the whole thing in less than an hour. i'm gonna play with it a bit, but for the most part i am pleased. altho lyn's face isn't as chubby as irl in the drawing. [/QUOTE]oh o, you use mech pencils, well here's a trick for shading with them, well you can go on real slow in one direction, and then add on top of it on the other direction, and then repeat that until you get the shade you want, it's really nice, i use it alot, after school starts i'll put up one of my drawings with that shading method, and no one says that you can't make great art without art supplies, it'd be helpful. but not necesary,. if i can do it. you probably can do a better job [img]tongue.gif[/img]