View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 12:28 PM   #37
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Sedai:
I think some of the 'neglect', Link, comes from the fact that SOMEone kept feeding her for those years, yet they did not seek medical help for her.

When they realized she couldn't or wouldn't look after herself anymore, whoever was feeding her every day should have, instead, contacted professionals to come get her and help her.
BANG! She got it.

Rev also got it. There was neglect. It is not an emotion really it is more of people around her not acting appropriately.
--------------------------------

ne·glect [nə glékt]
vt (past ne·glect·ed, past participle ne·glect·ed, present participle ne·glect·ing, 3rd person present singular ne·glects)

1. not care for something properly: to fail to give the proper or required care and attention to somebody or something
2. fail to do something: to fail to do something, especially because of carelessness or forgetfulness
I neglected to tell you that I won’t be here next week.

n
1. withholding of proper care: the failure to give proper care or attention to somebody or something
parents charged with criminal neglect

2. lack of care: lack of proper care or attention
Soon the business began to suffer from neglect.
--------------------------------

The mere fact humans are different is because we can help others in a very altruistic way. We can decide for the other person also if needed. Animals, simply won't give a damn. What they did, yeah I pretty much agree about the Darwinism right there...

EDIT: I am referring to the people around her just to clarify a few things. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-16-2004, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Bahamut ]