Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Alexander:

I guess I'll never understand the strange human fascination with instruments of death.

Just my 2 cents, not trying to start an argument here.
Explain the human fascination with any item, tool or toy. The way you wrote it it sounded you were just begging someone to come and start an argument.[/QUOTE]No, as a matter of fact, I wasn't, but it seems you just couldn't hold yourself back. How did I know I'd get a response just from you?

I just find it odd that people like to talk about and play with instruments of death - be they guns, knives, what-have-you. It just feels slightly out-of-place for me to have casual conversation about a weapon that can kill dozens of people in seconds.

Quote:
Guns by the way ARE not soley instruments of death. Actually I haven't killed anyone or anything in over a year with my guns...unless you count paper targets and soda cans as killing.
A gun is a weapon. A weapon is made to kill, injure or maim. Paper targets and soda cans might be fine for target practice, but that's not the main purpose of a gun - otherwise I would have to ask why you don't just shoot your paper targets with something less dangerous.

However, I did not want to argue here, sorry to disappoint you.[/QB][/QUOTE]Many things in life can be unpleasant. Reality is one of them. I beleive most anti-gun advocates to be of noble intentions. That can also be said of the pacifist. Unfortunately, noble ideals don't always fit into the real world. Face it, there are people out there who want to and CAN hurt you! They are unconcerned with moral standards, particularly yours. They only want your cash and your belongings. In worse cases they want to violate you or your loved ones bodies and/or take pleasure in your pain. In the worst cases, they also want your death. These human animals only understand one language. If you don't speak it, they will ROLL OVER YOU! There is not a thing you can say to stop them! There is only one way to stop them. You must speak their language. That language is pain! It is a simple fact. To blind yourself to it won't make it go away. Certainly you can say the chances of you becoming a victem are remote. But won't once be enough? Isn't that all it takes to destroy your life? I can say one thing for sure about my abode freind. Human animal beware! Pain IS spoken here!

Remember, there are none more blind than those that refuse to see.