Thread: Dentists Suck
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 03:59 PM   #11
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Oh don't get me started with dentists. 4 years ago I had a dentist check, and she said that I have no 5s, nowhere. More than a year ago then, I had a physical check-up, and when the guy was counting my teeth, he went "Upper left now, one OK. Two OK. Three OK. Four OK. Five OK." and there I interrupted "Ghal! Whla!(me having his mirror and pick in my mouth) Fives? You0're saying I have fives? Could you please count them?" Yep, you guessed, I have all my teeth here and accounted for... Dentists are stupid.
And as for the wisdom teeth, my lower right is starting to pop out, I can feel the teeth making room.
Not that this defends anyone, but the original dentist talking about "fives" may not have been talking about teeth, but rather a measurement. That metal pole that they shove into your gums is a measuring stick, and they're checking to see how much the gum is pulling away from the teeth. If you're getting fives (five millimeters of depth), you ain't doin' so good. Ones and twos are the best numbers, which mean that your gums are hugging your teeth nicely.

*edit* Forgot to add that high numbers indicate the existence of gingivitis and/or periodontal disease */edit*

The second dentist was probably actually counting your teeth, since they often refer to them by tooth number (one through 32). Sounds like he was checking and tooth one was okay, as was two, and three, and four, and... hey! Jump like that again when I've got tools in your mouth, and you'll have problems, buddy! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-05-2004, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.