View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 06:11 AM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

... like helping with party creation or played in HoF.

First of all...
I just want to clarify... I already played IWD with HoW and TotL several times. I am no noob and am not looking to make the most powerful party. I understand my party has some weaknesses and am willing to go along with them. Had it been normal IWD+ expansions I would've played my party as it is. That said, I have never really played HoF (tried once with a new 6 person party and gave up at the orc caves), and so I'm not sure how my party will fare there. That's why I don't want to end up with a party that is completely unplayable and I end up using the "quick load" more often than I use "pause".

My new game IWD+HoW+TotL all in HoF is starting somewhere next summer. But planning is starting now.

Party + questions below:
1.Multi cleric/ranger OR Paladin - See questions below.
2.Dual Fighter -> Druid
3.Multi Fighter/Druid - Both non-negotiable. I want a game to compare those two.
4.Evil Dwarven Multi Fighter/Cleric - Again non-negotiable. I wanted to roleplay this one for a very long time.
5.Bard - Semi-non-negotiable. I think at higher levels in HoW the bard will not be all that useful as in lower levels, nevertheless I think a bard is a must. Unless I hear some strong arguments as to why not include him, I'm taking him.
6.Multi Fighter/Thief/Mage OR Gnome Multi Thief/illusionist See questions below.

Questions:

1. I know it is possible to start HoF with 6-person level 1 party but I tried it and it was way too hard. That's why I plan to play my party in normal or hard difficulty and after some time after gaining some XP export them and import them in a brand new HoF game. I plan on doing it some 70000XP. Any ideas as to a better starting XP? How much XP can I gain if I play through HoF with TotL and do all quests?

2. I played IWD2 in HoF and found that mellee is completely useless there, because even smallest goblins have such high attack that they hit you with every attack.. My sorceror ended up doing almost 2 thirds of the damage, and my other spellcasters with most of the rest. How is it in IWD1? Is mellee still effective in HoF? I'm concerned I dont have enough mage power.

3. Are summons in HoF also more powerful (ie as powerful as their monster equivalents in HoF)?

PARTY questions:

4. Character 1. I wouldve went along with multi cleric/ranger, but I realized that in that case my 4 main potential mellee persons wont be able to use many weapons (longswords, axes...). So I thought of changing to paladin. Then again, it's not really such a big problem. I can use bludgegoing weapons, which there are many good ones, and I remeber very few monsters being immune to bludgegoing, so it should be okay. If worst happens, longswords, axes can be used by bard. What are your opinions? Please note dual cleric/ranger is out of the question. I'm saving it for another party.

5. Character 2. What is best time to dual? Since I have a multi fighter/druid in party, I thought of dualling as late as possible. level 13? How about even later? 15? 16?

6. Character 6. I never played a triple multi character and really really want to try one. I figure with HoF it is the best time to do it as there will be plenty of XP for him to level up. Still, if you think that is too weak, and will make my arcane spellcasting even weaker, I would change it to thief/illusionist (or thief/mage). What are your opinions?

Any other general comments about playing HoF, or about my party are highly welcome.

[ 10-24-2005, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: ZFR ]