View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004, 06:44 PM   #1
spydar

Cool Dude

K, here's the deal:
Last night my computer (bob) just completely crashed. I have no idea what happened, I was opening Civ 2 when it just completely froze up, so I Ctrl-Alt-Del twice, restarted, and it would give me the options of various Safe modes. Ok, whatever, I've come across this before, so I go into safe mode and then properly restart bob, that's when all the fun happened.

I was bumped back into the screen with only safe mode options, so, after many a trial and getting stuck in a continous loop of bob trying to restart and going to the safe mode screen, I called a comp sci friend. he told me how to do a system recovery, which I did and have now got bob running again. but I had to reinstall my antivirus, my word processor, and went through several hours trying to recover ALL my many many files from before the "issue" (as I'm calling it). but now my computer doesn't play dvd's, nor will it let me open certain games and such.

so, here's my question: How do I get everything back to the way it was before? I've gone to the help thing and tried to recover my files the way it told me to but it wouldn't let me. sorry I can't really be more specific, but I'm only semi-computer literate.

sooo.....help???? PLEASE