View Single Post
Old 11-29-2001, 09:55 PM   #10
Jim
Quintesson

quote:
So how the heck can an archer ever hit anything??? The highest +x enchantment is the +2 arrow right? I think the way the arrow of piercing is designed is that it gives that bonus but is not its actual "required-to-hit" number.
Then again, I could be wrong. So here's the question: How does an archer kill a Dragon, Kangaxx, ect., etc. with his Bow???

Archers can hit *anything* given the correct equipment. Right at the start of the game, I sent my solo archer to watchers keep to get the ammo belt and a quiver of unlimited +1 arrows and bolts. No more arrows! +1 arrows are sufficient to hit many of the larger creatures *including* dragons. Firkraag was dropped extremely quickly using a greater whirlwind attack, called shot and +1 ammo. Demi-liches can be hit by the sling of Everad, also, a grandmaster crossbow archer equiped with Firetooth +4 kicks serious butt and can hit all monsters.

Just to clear up the well made points in this post, the arrow is what actually hits the enemy therefore needs to be of suficient enchantment to cause damage. Enchanted launchers cause to hit/damage bonuses only and do not affect what can and cannot be hit. This is determined by the ammo only.