View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 11:05 AM   #40
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightwing:
I'm courious LordKathen if you can get a perscription for weed from your dr. It has never been a problem in California even before the legal law, you could always get it from a doc. I thought that was the case all over the country, Dr.s can perscribe it if they think it will help just like any other drug.

As far as the gateway drug, just spend a few years counseling drug rehab folks and you will find it is real. So is alcohal and cigaretts which are already legal why would we want to add more to the plate? It should be a legal perscription drug but I believe it altready is.
My PCP won't, and my Neurologist won't. I asked. It is a very political issue around here, and I dont blaim the docs for not wanting to get involved. There is no ligitimate research documented about the effects of Mary on pain, or any other symptom. Thats what they told me anyway. I live in a fairly small area, around 200,000, and is still real conservative on issues like this. I could go west across the mountains, in Seattle/Puget Sound area, and get it no problem. But here, not without a lot of red tape and luck.

As far as the "gateway" issue, I believe its BS. The only reason people say that, is becouse Mary is the easiest drug you can get, besides alcohol. So naturaly its the first drugs they experiment with. I have done them ALL, and had and beat a Methamphetimine addiction about 10 years ago.
Cigarettes are by far a worse drug than most others. Do you consider that a "gateway" drug.
The whole term "gateway" is a ploy as far as I am conserned. If you want the drugs after your initial usage, you will get them regardless of what your first high was.
I know a guy that did LSD as his first ever high on anything. Go figure.