View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 11:14 AM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Fellow IWers.

As my time line approaches, events have been met, now the need has arisen to ask the questions on Professional/Civilian etiquette. My first name, title (whatever) has been Sergeant (in one form or another) for the last 20 years. My main contact at Ft Knox is a GS-11 (Government Serives Level 11) that's pretty high(on a scale of 2-15). We address each other by Mr. and Sergeant on first contact, then move to first name basis.

When speaking with him, and he mentions other people, and he uses the term MR. or MS. is that my key that that is the individuals salutation? Irregardless of my personal / past professional relationship?

I believe I do understand that when he uses first name basis, that is also the que? Some of these people retired senior to me, and have a high level in the GS world, and some are DA civilians(highly competitive). None of which means dittly wittly to me, we all put one leg at a time in our trousers while getting dressed in the morning! BUT, job security in the open market? I've had 0 job security stress for the past 23 years, I don't want to start on the left foot on a right footed dance!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.