View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 07:34 AM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I already posted this on the Oasis, but I wanted to let everyone here also know that I will be having some major surgery next week.

As many of you already know, I have a chronic illness {Crohns disease} that has required 3 surgeries so far. The last two resulted in "temporary" ostomy, but I've actually had it for 10 years. For those who don't know, the quick explanation of an ostomy means that I poop in a pouch. If you really want a more detailed explanation, feel free to send me a PM.

The good news is that I went to see a surgeon in Atlanta a few weeks ago (at the request of my regular doctor) and he said I would be a good candidate for having my ostomy reversed. This procedure is informally known as the "Humpty Dumpty Procedure" - because they will be "putting me back together again" {OK, I just made that up, but it works on a couple of levels )

Now for the details....my surgery is scheduled for next Monday, Sept. 8 at 1pm. The actual operation should only take about 4 hours and, hopefully, I will be able to leave the hospital after 6 days. Then, I will be home for about another 5 weeks while I recover my strength.

If any of you happen to be in the Atlanta area between Sept 8-14, I would LOVE for you to drop by and see me. Send me a PM and I will give more details as to where I will be.

If not, I will be back online here in a couple of weeks. Expect to see a lot of me, since I will be going stir crazy here at home. [img]graemlins/reallyroll.gif[/img]