View Single Post
Old 03-01-2002, 08:29 AM   #3
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

In my opinion, a parent can't get to involved in there child's private life. If they couldn't what would be the use of parents? They are there to guide children, and therefore, they most often know best.
This won't, of course, apply to *all* parents, but I know you well enough, Garnet, to say that you care about your child.
If you don't think this girl is good for him, that's it. He's 14 years old, he'll have to accept it! He can see her again when he's older..
As for the little 'incident', things like that will always happen, every normal teenager actslike that, but that doesn't mean he should be allowed to see her..
As far as I see it, it means you and Budha are just gonna have to get even more strict. But I don't think grounding is the answer, instead, if he says he's going to a friend's house, call that friends' parents, and ask if she's coming over, and, if you trust these parents, tell them the situation..
This will probarbly stop him from trying to lie to you, 'cause the worst thing for a 14 year old (I speak from my own experience here ) is gor your parents to call your friends' parents about this kinda things..
All in all, you have acted right, and to prevent further tricks, be more even more strict..
And you can never trust a teenager in these things, but that doesn't mean you can't trust them in other issues