View Single Post
Old 09-18-2001, 03:17 PM   #244
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hm. Interesting set of posts, MagiK. Interesting to note your age. You seem to have packed a lot of cynicism into your short young life What makes you think the silver feline is younger than you? Or has less cause for cynicism? Or less experience of the world? Or less ability to sift information? Or less knowledge of history?
Actually, I suspect you fall behind her on all counts. And apart from Diogenes I have yet to meet anyone with a greater grasp of reality. Did it never strike you that 'idealism' is nothing but pure common sense? Being nice to your enemies is the only way to stop them being enemies - which is the best way I know to ensure our own safety. (I don't mean fawning all over them, either!I mean giving practical assistance to help 'em into the 21st century. Many are living in pitiful conditions). Sure we won't win 'em all that way. But if we win enough of 'em then those you designate 'evil' will have no fuel to set on fire. The bin Ladens of this world whip up the anger of the 'have-nots', rather than that of the 'haves'.
Not idealism - common sense.
I canot speak with the same authority as Dio and the Silver Cheetah, because although I am older than either I have not studied the middle east as they have. But I DO know what makes sense.
Peace, friend!

------------------