View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 05:45 PM   #1
Refluxe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

***WARNING: THIS TOPIC WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS***

Well, to liven this section up a little I'll ask you lot what your favourite chapter and area is in Icewind Dale II and of course, why. If you want, include the Chapter you didn't particularly enjoy as well.

My favourite Chapter has to be four. The Black Raven Monastery is tons of fun (Except those nasty Iron Golems in the Tomb, they're tough). However, what I really enjoy is the Underdark. Some of the best fights, merchants and creatures lie down here and the atmosphere is brilliant. The Drider Lair is full of cool creatures I didn't think I'd see in Icewind Dale II. Although the Z'hinda Citadel isn't incredibly great, meeting Oswald at the end of the chapter makes up for it!
My second favourite has to be Chapter One as I think that it has the best fights in the entire game. The Shaengarne Bridge and Goblin Horde Fortress specifically, not to mention the fun in the Goblin Warrens.

On the other hand, the chapter I wasn't too keen on is most definitely two. The crash site was all good but the Ice Wall and Ice Temple got a little boring. Killing the same Aurilite postulants or whatever over and over can prove a little tedious. The Battle Square had too many battles! I liked Nathaniel and Nickademus though...

What about you?