View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 01:01 AM   #8
Sinteuil
The Magister

I've been playing on expert lately, and only see a difference in the difficulty to hit or be hit by the monsters, as well as the issue of skill increases mentioned by Wereboar. This makes the early game much more of a challenge, particularly when it comes to Gregor. However, back when I played my first game on novice, I was getting some spawns that were just as bad, if not worse than the ones I've seen on expert, including large groups of Rapax at the entrance bridge to Trynton, Geomancers early on Arnika-Trynton road, and well before that, large groups of poison seekers in the upper monastery, which can be absolutely devastating to a young party without missile shield. From what I've seen, you can get exactly the same spawns on novice as on expert, but perhaps there's a slightly better chance of the spawns being excessive on expert, though I'm not fully convinced of this. On occasion I've even felt disappointed in how easy the spawns can be on expert, since there's no guarantee you'll get anything harder than what you'd see on novice at its easiest.

[ 09-09-2005, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Sinteuil ]
Sinteuil is offline   Reply With Quote