View Single Post
Old 11-06-2000, 06:15 PM   #11
Lily the Ranger

I am a goil . . . a mom of three teens. I have enjoyed d&d role playing before Zelda came into being. I have DM'd for my family. Had to take a break when we embarked upon homeschooling. My husband has no patience for video games but enjoys d&d and we paint figurines, so he has begun enabling me by buying me some. My son intro'd me to M&M. Six okay, seven never finished - it was like a bad marriage . . . I enjoyed creating my characters, classes etc. (pygmalion or frankenstein) but as the game ground down I got tired of running thru endless mazes of medusas and behemoths. Combat system nice. My son blows thru without the aid of turnbase mode; I rely on it. Then, I played Krondor - not too bad but my attention wandered and my youngest begged and moaned til he was given custody of it. Next, Betrayal at Krondor; better but I hated the lack of character creation and the way certain characters would up and leave with your stuff. It didn't take long to play either. Now, W&W. WOW! (freud - nice system you have - I now have system envy - I want one!) Mine does good. Loading to new scenes gives me time to run to the restroom or rotate laundry - it runs slow, stutters a bit. Windows only kicked me out once. I save often; shutdown and defrag regularly. Yes, I too love the murderous windmill blades! I do wish the highland rogues would learn to count because they are the owns who are outnumbered. Animation is such that I must admit that on a few occasions, as I scuttle around the hallaways, going about my rat killing, I have personally been startled by the appearance of a wandering monster. This amuses my husband.

I am, at present, wearily and disgustedly wandering the over-built snake temple (should cure poison really be so high level a vine spell - I fear if I don't find my fourth monkey I will stay here until I learn achieve the level and learn it . . . eat your spinach, dear). I went to the net and discovered this ONE-derful site where I have learned the secret of the coin slot and six doors. PLEASE, let my monkey be there. I have 8 characters I rotate between - I WANT all the classes. One thing that irks me is I ready them by setting up spells or weapons,then I am in the habit of travelling in map mode so I can see where I am going. If I do this with my wizard who is set to zap and meet a baddie the game takes me from map mode to weapon mode (I had it set on magic) and by the time I realize it I've swiped thin air and they are upon me. So, I travel with someone else leading and switch quickly to a MU. A small complaint. I do miss positioning my characters in battle, to protect the puny pixie. I miss cues, but am catching on to the "logic" of the game. At Toad Ville I kept telling Ekbu I was Ekbu not Ukabu. Then, I hurt one by accident and no one would talk to me. Shinwiki did not reward me with a quest when I arrived in his presence. My family was quite amused by my protestations: "I am Ukabu" -kind of a Spartagus thing. LOVE THE AUTOMAP AND FLAGS! Hate not having access to all levels of the map. Must take my misgotten spoiler info and go play.