View Single Post
Old 11-15-2001, 04:33 PM   #10
Legolas
Jack Burton

At your level I'd ignore the dragon for a while. That's the smart thing to do. As for your proficiancy slots, you can put five in longbow (heartseeker, elven court bow) so there's no need to look much further [img]smile.gif[/img]
The archer's main strenght is in peppering the enemy, not close combat, so that is where you'll have to make most use of. Most of the items won't be availiable until later in the game but you don't really need them. Any bow will make the archer deadly, the other equipment is there to make it eaven easier for you.
You could go for the crossbow archer, but in that case it would have been best to focus on the x-bow from the start. I also think the longbow is more archer-like [img]smile.gif[/img]
You could expand your proficiency to other weapons, but misslie weapons are simply the most powerful in the archer's hands. You don't even need tanks (I thought of soloing the game with an archer, but I decided I'd be having trouble with traps and the big fights in the small rooms... otherwise the archer can do anything)

And about the leather armour, I was thinking of te armour +5 made from human skin, which you could also get in that area. But that's supposed to be evil characters only and all rangers are good. Got me confused...

And the sword & flail combo? That's exactly what Minsc used in my party throughout almost the entire game [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]