View Single Post
Old 02-03-2003, 12:58 PM   #1
Dobbler
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This past weekend, while playing BGI and in Ulgoth's Beard, I did Shandalar's quest for his cloak. Upon reading the description, it implied quite some power. Yet it was unwearable by any of my characters. So I imported my character to BGII, used the pause during the cutscreen to keep the cloak, and then put it on one of my thiefs who had "Use any Item". It didn't seem to do anything. I also took it to Cespenar, and he didn't want to do anything with it. Has anyone else tried this? Would Cromwell forge it into anything? I just kept thinking this would be a pretty cool easter egg. If anyone has tried anything with this cloak let me know.

I thought the same thing with Xan's Moonblade. This is a pretty good weapon, even for BGII. A +3 longsword with +1 to AC, and 50% fire resistance. Again, usable only by Xan in BGI, but usable by a high level thief in BGII/TOB. With Lilacor's constant dribble about a moonblade, thought it might be a hint.

Lastly, I'm aware of the pantaloons, but just trying to discover other easter eggs, if you know of any, le tme know.

-Dobbler
Dobbler is offline   Reply With Quote