Thread: .44 or .50??
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2002, 02:01 PM   #105
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Many things in life can be unpleasant. Reality is one of them. I beleive most anti-gun advocates to be of noble intentions. That can also be said of the pacifist. Unfortunately, noble ideals don't always fit into the real world. Face it, there are people out there who want to and CAN hurt you! They are unconcerned with moral standards, particularly yours. They only want your cash and your belongings. In worse cases they want to violate you or your loved ones bodies and/or take pleasure in your pain. In the worst cases, they also want your death. These human animals only understand one language. If you don't speak it, they will ROLL OVER YOU! There is not a thing you can say to stop them! There is only one way to stop them. You must speak their language. That language is pain! It is a simple fact. To blind yourself to it won't make it go away. Certainly you can say the chances of you becoming a victem are remote. But won't once be enough? Isn't that all it takes to destroy your life? I can say one thing for sure about my abode freind. Human animal beware! Pain IS spoken here!
I have been mugged before - in a New York subway, as I was coming home from work a few years ago. Two guys jumped me, took my briefcase and wallet, and ran off.

If I had a gun when that happened, it would have been useless. In fact, I think they would've been more likely to take the gun as well, since they only had knives.

Fortunately, my things were recovered, and those two nice gentlemen are still in prison last time I checked.

So, before you comment that guns can save your life - in some cases, I suppose they can, in others, it's probably iffy, but in instances such as mine, they would be useless (or a liability). They are not the answer to everything.

But, enough, I promised myself I wouldn't debate here, so I won't say another word on this topic. If you want to continue this discussion, feel free to create a "Gun Control" thread.