View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 11:43 PM   #1
Aerich
Lord Ao

Just some random questions I had; I'm sure I'll think of more...

Ice Dagger - worth taking? I took it. Cold damage, no saving throw, slight AoE (chance to disrupt, maybe). Not stopped by Shield. It doesn't work against Hardened Fire Trolls, which I found out to my disgust. Does it really have that much application compared to MM? How many enemy spellcasters use Shield?

Beast Claw/Snakebite - if you have ambidexterity/two-weapon fighting, do you get an extra Att/round with this? Do you get a better chance to hit with Weapon Finesse? I'm doing a little experimenting to see how much mileage I can get out of these spells.

Shout - is this spell worth taking at all, even with a wizard? It looks kinda useless. 2d6 damage and be deafened, save for 1/2 damage and no deafness. The info in the manual says a deaf spellcaster has 50% spell failure chance. Is this correct? This might be useful in HoF, but otherwise?

Slow - does this spell force enemies to save at -4? I know it does in 2nd Ed games, and the manual says it does, but AFAIK the in-game spell description doesn't say anything about it.

Champion's Strength - does it fatigue the caster or the subject, like it does in 2nd Ed? Does it stack with Bull's Strength, Animal Rage, Blood Rage, barbarian Rage, Draw Upon Holy Might, Tempus' Strength, Aura of Vitality or any other Str-increasing effects?

TIA.