View Single Post
Old 05-29-2002, 04:14 AM   #16
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

And then they call the US a civilized country, shees.

Anyway, the question i always ask myself is this. How many innocents are you willing to put to death ? I mean, if murderers don't get convicted, and it happened, then it stands to reason that innocent people will get convicted simply on the basis that they couldn't afford a good enough lawyer. This guy might have done a crime, i don't know the full story therefor i say might, but does the exucution of 1, or 1 million for that matter, criminals justify the execution of 1 innocent ?
Secondly, was he a threat ? I mean, i can see some justification in putting an end to a psychopat because if you release him, he's probably going to do it again. But was this guy really a threat. It seems that, from what i read, the eye for an eye comment is mostly used and you guys jump on frying somebody, even if he isn't a threat anymore. I do agree that this is somewhat hard to prove.
And saying that president Bush, and i use that term losely, didn't see any reason to overturn the death penalty is almost saying that the pope is Catholic.