View Single Post
Old 09-12-2001, 08:59 AM   #60
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
I did not mean the US in that comment, I'm sorry if it sounded that way. I thought (must've misunderstood) that you'd made a generalization against Muslim extremists. There were Christian extremists too, I just wanted to mention that.

No Kaz what I was trying to get accross was that we are being touted as destroyers of peoples lives because we have been trying for the couple of decades to bring peace to areas that are being ripped apart now because of religions, the peoples of that part of the world were trying to wipe each other out before the crusades and have continued to this day.

The USA has tried to help the people of the region, we helpped Iraq defend itself against Iran..and look how Iraq turned out, Afghanistan exists today because we helpped them devend against the Soviets ...now look how we are repaid. We rebuilt France after world war 2...look how friendly france is to us....Frankly with results like that I think we should quit helpping people and let them fend for themselves.....but we don't because we actually care about people. No it isn't all altruism, we also know that if everyone is at peace then trade and economies run smoother...War disrupts trade, and is bad for everyone but the arms dealers.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.