View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #92
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: HD Version of Baldur's Gate?

That's an awful lot of edits for a game that supposedly was going to fix stuff like that.

Imagine how the folks who bought the PC version feel - particulary those who do not have the inclination to or skill to fix things like you do and expected the game to come with those changes already made.

Here's are two snippets from the eurogamer review:

"Here are two more things I can say straight away. If you've never bought Baldur's Gate before and your interest is piqued by the game's reputation and this re-release, this is the edition to seriously consider buying, with a few caveats. If you already own Baldur's Gate, you probably shouldn't buy this - not unless you absolutely must serve some completist compulsion that burns deep inside of you."

and

"Some of these are very irritating things, such as the abysmal pathfinding that leaves my party twitching in a doorway or sends one of them wandering halfway across the map. Sometimes party members simply don't respond to mouse clicks, requiring you to re-issue orders (something I can imagine being particularly annoying on an iPad touch-screen, when that version finally appears). Sometimes archers try to engage in melee combat. Sometimes the entire party is selected and can't be deselected until you restart the game. I should add that the Enhanced Edition has patched itself twice since I began playing, but these problems still surface."

You can read the entire review here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...edition-review

If you're happy with BG.EE great. And if you want this for a tablet, I might change my tune.

But I'm totally happy that I avoided spending even a modest 20$ on a poorly done, rehashed version of a 14 year old PC game that doesn't correct a lot of original problems. For the PC version, I'm not buying it.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote