View Single Post
Old 02-12-2002, 12:49 AM   #8
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
Thanks for you input Moni. [img]smile.gif[/img] I personnally found the Russian skating not nearly as artistic or packed of emotion as the Canadian skate. But, like I said, I'm biaised [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Then how can you explain Yagudin (sp) winning the Worlds dressed as a clown a few years ago? (for the record, he did deserve the Worlds 'cause he's a damn amazing skater!)

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

I agree with you that the Canadians skated a beautiful routine, but it was mixed with the drab grey clothes and way too much drama from the Canadian girl not to mention being two years old.
The judges might not have liked her little "accident" with the Russian guy during warm-ups either.
I can't speak for them, but from what I saw, she needs to be a little less dramatic and a lot more professional in her sport. She is a great skater and has a lot pf potential. I'm sorry for Canada that they did not win.

As far as the clown suit goes, individual competition is much different from pairs. Individual skaters can show themselves whereas the pairs have to show "the sport" which includes the glamourous approach to costumes as well as new routines that challenge their abilities. (I'd vote the Chinese pair that won the bronze medal "Best-Dressed" )

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: Moni ]