View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 07:50 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
It is great news but you know all these has been ripped off from the community don't you? The robes are finally here due to the leaps & bounds made in the DLA project.
I think there was something in the 'rules to use' of either NWN or the toolset that bioware could use any of the content you made, that's what you obey to when you use the toolset.

also content that's officially added to the game is more useable, no need of hakpaks, users that don't want to download hakpaks are a reason why I won't include huge/unnecessary hakpaks to my modules. robes are cool but they aren't explicitly needed to make a good module that's why i'd leave them out if i can avoid having to put any hakpaks to my modules. and i think the use will be a bit easier because they'll be standard in the toolset (i never tried any clothing hakpak so i'm not 100% sure about this but i can imagine it would be easier).
[/QUOTE]Yes I know about the agreement. My point is not that I am unhappy about it, I just think people should be aware that most of the credit is to those pioneers in the community. They said cloaks and robes could and probably never would be done and now that they see it done almost perfectly by someone else (for free) they simply copy it and introduce it as official content. They do like you say, have a right to do this but that doesn't mean I have to like it [img]tongue.gif[/img] .