View Single Post
Old 06-28-2003, 02:56 AM   #50
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
That's a good counterargument, Chewbacca, but I disagree. Just because the rights of a particular segment of the population to participate in specific acts has been improved does not mean the rights of the general population overall have been improved. Some members of the overall population do not engage in these activities. Others live in states where this type of law applies to heterosexuals as well as homosexuals. The rights of those individuals has not been improved at all.

That's fine if you disagree. I think you just have a narrower definition of humn rights than I. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The rights for consenting individuals to do what they want in the privacy of their home/bedroom could effect everybody and anybody. This ruling upholds the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for every American in the privacy of their home.

I believe the strict sodomy laws I refered to previously will be thrown out based on this ruling, from what I understand of it. I could be wrong but it is a privacy issue, not an equal protection issue.

Also as the aforementioned rights are "self-evident", it makes perfect sense for them to be considered "Human Rights".

I may just be seeing a half-full glass and you a half-empty one. Whatever, it's all good! [img]smile.gif[/img]