View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 06:12 PM   #24
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
But is this not restraint of trade? If a women was good enough to play (say for Liverpool) and earn $10,000 a week, but then fifa banned her and she had to play in a womens only league where she could only get a $100 a week, is that not unfair and a easy law case to win? I doubt that there is a court in Erope or North America that would not back her.
Dude, that would mean nothing else then destroying the sport. The public would stay home, i have no doubts about that. This has been brought up before here in the Netherlands, they wondered if women wouldn't be an asset for the game, and i can say "definitely not" to that. Some women's team that just won some kind of big championship played against a first division club here, and after 15 minutes the score was somewhat 5-0 or 6-0, i forgot. Just a reminder that even the best women on the planet aren't good enough to take on the lesser players in the men's world. Same happened with Serena Williams in tennis. On the height of her career, everyone thought that with her power she could probably compete in men's tournaments. Well, they gave her a shot, i believe against a player who had an ATP ranking above 200, and she got thrashed, didn't stand a chance, that's how big the difference is in some sports between men and women. So don't even go there, unless you wanna kill the sport of course.