View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 02:30 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

ister, we want Ironworks to be friendly to newbies such as Khayne, and that means discouraging spoilers, and unfortunately your post is full of them. Whether or not you think that Khayne would benefit from your experience, the rule of thumb is to never answer any question that the poster did not ask. I would edit my post if I were you. The general information is fine, but please remove all the specifics.

Khayne: Unfortunately, if you want to play Evil you have to play many Good and Neutral games first, so you can get a good idea of what will (and more importantly, will not) hurt your Reputation. The trick is to keep your Reputation pretty high throughout most of the game: Picture yourself as a two-faced evil despot, who is hailed in the streets as a hero and savior, yet all the time is skimming money out of public funds and into his Swiss bank account, instead of an ugly villian who spends his time brewing poisons and skulking in the alleyways. I myself played a pretty famous Evil game, but I learned BG backwards and forwards before I did so, and even then I only revealed my truly Evil nature at the very end, when I didn't need to save face any longer.