View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 08:17 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Crazed Silly Re: WoW Auction Houses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Dundee, I suggest you get a mod called Auctioneer to ensure you don't get ripped off at the AH. You can get it from www.curse.com.
I still haven't grasp all the mechanics of the game yet. Heck, I still don't know how to chat in the General Channel. So I won't be installing any 3rd-party mods until I am comfortable with the game first.
~~~~

Mind you, I am not undercutting here. I took the base value of my items (NOT THE SELL PRICE, just to be clear here), applied two multipliers to it and one additive formula for a final price. The difference between the starting price and the buyout price lies in the difference of one of the multiplier values.

What these three values are, I will be keeping it a secret to myself, but needless to say, I AM NOT by any means, selling cheap.

It is just that compared to the INSANITY of the usual Buyout values, my auctions seem dirt-cheap in comparison.

Most guides I read stated that I would only see my first gold piece when I hit Level-18+. True... if I were to solely stick to Questing, this will most probably be true, but I am raking in the money now, and my equipment is still LAUGHABLE. Herbalism and Alchemy has to be one of the most profitable profession-combination EVER, and I wasn't aware of it when I was designing the theme of my first character.

At this point, some of you might be asking me, why not just follow the crowd then? Why not just list higher prices?

NO. Just no. Call me stupid, call me dumb, call me whatever, but I have very strong principles on these kind of things, because I simply abhor overcharging for the sake of overcharging. Even at work, I prefer to point out better combinations to customers, even if it means less sales at the initial transaction, but I am building trust here, for FUTURE sales.

Even if I'm amongst the few, I will continue to stick to my pricing scheme formula. On the plus side, because my prices are so much more reasonable (as opposed to obscene), my items sell rapidly, VERY rapidly. I can actually afford to fly frequent miles now.

As an example, these are my final prices for a x5 stack of Minor Healing Potions. Top is Starting Bid, bottom is Buyout Price.

01s 58c
02s 58c

Cheers.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote