Thread: Super Sunday!
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 11:54 AM   #1
Nerull
Lord Ao

Mad

Well, the Super Bowl is finally here (after 2 weeks of the media insisting on making everything involving the Eagles about Terrell Owens playing; they did just fine without him). Who's excited? I know I am. I'm rooting for the Eagles (my favorite team from back in the 1970s), but the Patriots look very tough. I'm thinking it's going to be either the Eagles winning a close game, or the Pats blowing the Eagles out.

I'll also be keeping track of the commercials like I did last year (last year I posted a poll as to the funniest commercial; I'll probably do that again this year). However, some of the good ones (i.e. making fun of "wardrobe malfunctions") got axed. However, one of them did slip through (for one of the dotcoms). Also, they nixed one involving a priest lusting after a truck after doing a sermon on lust (with all of the scandals, they decided that was in poor taste). My answer to both is to quote Bill Cosby: "if you can find humor in something, you can overcome it." However, there are always those that get offended easily, and are vocal enough to make a stink about it.

Since today is the big day, I just thought I would start a thread and see what people had to say about the big game, the commercials, the half-time entertainment (also neutered like the commercials this year, IMHO), etc.

Who knows, maybe Ashlee Simpson will make a surprise appearance and sing... (joking!!!)
[img]graemlins/1drinkspit.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toilet.gif[/img]
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote