View Single Post
Old 08-18-2002, 05:46 PM   #1
WillowIX
Apophis

The ywo ten year old girls who´s been missing for two weeks have now been found dead in Suffolk. Here´s the statement:
Quote:
It is almost exactly two weeks since Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman disappeared from this town sparking a massive inquiry to find them.
It is with great sadness that I have to tell you the following news.

It may be some days yet before we are able to positively identify the two bodies found at Common Drove near Lakenham in Suffolk yesterday lunchtime.

However we are as certain as we possibly can be tonight that they are those of Holly and Jessica.

Holly and Jessica's families have been told this terrible news.

Before I say anything else can I suggest that we pause for a moment in silence in memory of these two little girls and out of respect for their families and their many hundreds of friends.

Holly and Jessica were reported missing on the evening of Sunday 4 August and, since that time, a huge effort has been mounted to find them.

We, like the families, refused to give give up hope that the girls would be found alive and well.

Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to Holly's parents and brother and Jessica's parents and sisters at this ghastly time.

An enormous effort involving hundreds of police officers, civilians and scores of experts worked tirelessly to trace the girls and the sense of sorrow is now felt acutely.

Holly and Jessica's families continue to be supported by trained family liaison officers at this, the bleakest of moments.

They are being given every possible support and this support will continue in the days, weeks and months to come.

A man and a woman are under arrest for the murder of Holly and Jessica. The man is also under arrest for abduction.

They remain in custody this evening and will spend another night at separate police stations in Cambridgeshire.

Because legal proceedings are active I am unable to say anything more about this line of the inquiry.

Now is a time for quiet contemplation. It's a time to respect the grief of Holly and Jessica's families. I ask you to respect their need for privacy.

The people of Soham have had their daily lives turned upside down by the presence of the media during the last fortnight.

You have all played a very important part in the hunt for Jessica and Holly and for that, I thank you.

But perhaps now I may invite you to consider that media representatives should withdraw from this community for a while to allow it to come to terms with its terrible loss.
What kind of human beings can do such a thing???

[ 08-18-2002, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]