View Single Post
Old 10-21-2001, 10:22 PM   #1
aestra
Dungeon Master

Hi All,

First and foremost, let me say that I've only JUST discovered this forum. I really don't know why it took me this long! It's a glorious resource and hats off to anyone who's contributed, and obviously the moderators in particular.

I have been floating around the game with a couple of aborted attempts now, and the question is, exactly what does reset adventures do? I've read the definition given in the manual, but I'm still not clear. I had an original party that I mucked around with, and then another that I mucked around with, and then I am quite sure I reset adventures, and now I'm on my third group and hoping to make proper progress. The problem is, while the quests do seem to be reset, certain people do reset but others don't seem to -- for example, Kreug remains dead when I killed him originally. Note that my automap also seems to be intact. Which I'd rather not be the case.

Have I, through my eternal amnesia, somehow remembered that I reset when actually I didn't? Possibly I didn't save the game after I reset it? Or if this is all reset does, is that anyway to do a full reset with my current crop of characters, as opposed to reinstalling the game and starting all over from scratch again?

I'm also wondering if my game's got buggy, because I've finished the toadem quest, killed the Scabban Apprentices, but Shinwiki is still waiting for me to exterminate the Evil. I've touched the totem pole, pinched the stuff in the chest, but he still won't give me the magic spear...

Any ideas would be appreciated. As a last resort of course I can do an uninstall and re-install, but then I'd lose my current crop of characters whom I've grown rather, erm, fond of )

Many thanks!
aestra is offline   Reply With Quote