Thread: Shadow Keeper
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2001, 12:14 AM   #3
Paxsenarrion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Unless I'm wrong, the Global Affects are values and timers that control a great many of the plot elements, record what time you arrived at X place, completed X quest, the results of or your progress in certain quests, etc. For example, the global ANOMENROMANCECHECK shows a value that determines whether your character is compatible for a romance with Anomen (and the value of this global figures into whether Anomen's LOVETALK dialogue will proceed). There are HUNDREDS of globals: HADSLAYERDREAM, SAERKPLOT, TERLSPAWN, etc. I don't know of anyplace that has a list of definitions for what all these control. Your best bet, I think, is to ask about a specific variable, and maybe someone who has played with it will know.

If anyone DOES know what all the global variables mean, or knows where to find a list, I would kiss their feet and offer them my first born child. [img]smile.gif[/img] So speak up! I'd love to have that info.

I have some experience playing with the variables for the romances and a few other minor plot points, so if you want to ask a specific question, I can TRY to help.

OH! And just a note... these babies are probably not something you want to go messing about with unadvisedly, as they can seriously screw up your game if you tweak 'em wrong. Make sure you ALWAYS save your global tweaking under a different name (Shadow Keeper will usually automatically suggest you do this) so you can go back if you accidentally wig something out.

Happy Tweaking! [img]smile.gif[/img]