View Single Post
Old 01-22-2003, 11:12 AM   #129
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
erm its not simple, your basically saying then cloudbringer that im not judged when i die? so what happens to me as i dont believe? in your belief im going to hell then?
Why do you even care what anyone else thinks? Seems to me that if you don't believe in religious tenets, you really have no earthly reason to care since you don't believe in our version of the final judgement anyway. Hedging your bets there grung?

Quote:
and vaskez your saying i am judged but i dont get there anyway? so where do i go? hell? im a good person living my life in a good way and this good god of yours is going to say basically "fck him,
Grungi, watch your language. I know we've had this discussion before and Ziroc has expressly requested that variations of the 'f-word' not be used so please refrain from using 'fck' or anything similar in the future.

Quote:
and im still not going with the "if 1 billion people say it, it must be right" that argument doesnt stand up, otherwise everyone else would believe it straight away, and they dont,
Apparently you missed his (and other's) explanations. [img]smile.gif[/img] Basically, God isn't going to take you in if you reject his very existence. If you don't WANT to be saved, you won't be. By not believing in God, you certainly can't believe in his Word or the afterlife he promises, so why on earth would you even care about this? Does it harm you in some tangible way if those 'billion' or so believe something that you can't or choose not to? I don't need you or anyone else to believe for my own sake. My belief stands on its own and frankly, when the end comes, it's only my personal relationship with God that I'm going to need to worry about.

Cerek- nice post! Long, but well written and as concise as it could be! I agree, this has been a very good thread with some thoughtful and intelligent discussion overall.