Thread: Zionism
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2002, 04:30 AM   #78
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Warhammer:
I respect your point of view even though I disagree with you. Since the British and the American felt so guilty about the Jews why did they not give them Wales or Montana ? Why do the Arabs have to pay for the Hitlers actions ?
It's mainly about the whole notion of 'homeland'. Jerusalem/Israel has special significane in terms of the history of Judea. Personally I think it's a load of hogwash but alot of people seem to swear by it.
The whole situation has gotten so deep in blood that tactical/practical sense doesn't really apply anymore. The cycle of vengeance killing has gone around so many times in the few short decades since the state of Israel was created that it's hard to really remember who killed who, and why. There's just the two sides, unquestioningly duking it out. Madness. Call it pessimism, but there is no hope of this being resolved in the near future, nor in the distant.

ps: as an aside, as the condition of the global natural environment becomes increasingly dire in the next century or two this whole debacle shall appear all the more fickle and pathetic anyway.