View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 08:54 PM   #84
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
And Melusine, answer this for me, if events like that are such aberrations why are they growing more and more frequent, if it's a tiny minority of extremists. And why won't the muslim community do some "housecleaning" to root out the people who do such harm to their image, perhaps because they are acting in complete accordance with the laws that have been passed down for 1400 years.

I'm waiting for your answer to my question, not laughter, not more cheering for your cheer squad, answer the question in a way that satisfies everyone, and you can honestly believe.
Oh ho, "answer the question in a way that satisfies everyone", are we growing philosophical? Don't make me laugh. Try writing one sensible post yourself before starting to make insane demands of others.

I have spoken just of the situation in Amsterdam, since YOU brought up the murder that took place here. The majority of Muslims here are not radical. Maybe they will be if they run into people like you often enough, which is one of my biggest fears.
Your close-minded pigeonholing-brain must have pegged me with the terrorist-loving Muslimhuggers already. For what it's worth I consider fundamentalist Islam a very scary and worrying thing, and am concerned and frightened about the number of integrated, liberal Muslims who have started to lean to the radical side. I'm just as concerned about the racist morons who push them in that direction with their intolerance, their hate-breeding, their selective and misguided interpretation of Quran verses and their ignorance.
I worry about radical Islam, but I don't consider sweeping insults and bigorty very fruitful tools to prevent more Muslims from going radical.