View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow (IWD2) A New Adventure

So yeah... my foray into this final IE-Engine based game is probably looong overdue. So long in fact, I have completely forgotten what was the reason that held me back from getting this game in the first place, when it first came out.

Regardless of the reason(s), I recently spied a bundle package of the IWD-series in a bookstore going for the neat price of S$19.90 (that's US$14.67). This was a good deal because my IWD CDs were damaged beyond repair anyway, so I get to replace my IWD CDs with a DVD-version, AND get IWD2 at the same time.

Bin bargains however, have their cons; namely, the lack of material manuals. Oh, for sure they include a .pdf file of the game manual, but I am lacking the Spells & Tables manual, and as a person who thrives on nitpicking over every single detail, the lack of this reference is driving me up the wall. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody can send me the .pdf version of the Spells & Tables manual.

Going to start the game soon, as soon as I get my mitts on some images that I need to make my custom portraits. The 3rd-Ed rules are also something foreign to me, but I take comfort in seeing how they are similar to the SPECIAL system used in the Fallout series. I fully expect to pick skills and feats that are deemed worthless by the general populace, but I also hope to discover new combinations that nobody else has ever thought of yet (such as the cases of PRATI, Bunny-nuke, etc... in BG2).

Cheers.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote