View Single Post
Old 04-03-2003, 04:23 PM   #18
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Actually most drow cities (make that most underdark cities) are located near water sources, being securely defended does no good at all if you can't feed or water your own people. Drow receive shipments of supplies and delicacies from the surface from merchants, but the primary dietary staples, are Rothe`, and fungus. They also enjoy the delicacy of blind cave-fish that live in their reserviors and lakes (probably includes Kuo-Toa, explaining the animosity between the two evil races).

I for one enjoyed alot of Salvatores work, but he lost his spark after book 3 of the cleric quintet, and Siege of Darkness (I'd like some new heroes or at least an original story with Cadderly that doesn't have him and friends as a cameo to another story with no relevence to the meeting) the constantly recurring cameos from his other stories does nothing for me and ruins the story for me.