View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 09:11 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Head in the sand as usual Oblivion [img]smile.gif[/img] - might doesn't equal right, and lengthy replies mean doodly squat over shorter ones iff'n you don't read what was said in the first place.

Tell me where I used BfC for an argument in my post instead of where I spoke of the kids of Columbine. My reply was nothing about Mr Moore's documentary, nor did I touch on your usual ostrich approach to said movie. I haven't bought BfC the movie, or the Director into this discussion, and would be just as happy to leave both out.

The examples I used in my two similes may be evocative but they remain relevant for all that you try to tie them to your dismissal of the movie. The kids had little chance, and their pleas weren't listened to. Would you like to tell me which of those statements you disagree with, and for the Kewpie Doll on the top shelf, tell us why.

So the statement about gun control being a national issue, change having to come from within, amd militias circlin the wagons strikes you as rude does it. Nothing of debate in your reply to this paragraph - just comments about you internal angst level. Would you care to elaborate on what I said rather than on sharing your emotive drive with me.

Tell me what you disagree with. Is gun control a national issue like I said? I am thinking that you would agree with me. If change is ever to be effected, will it come from within, or be imposed from outside the country? I am thinkin it will only ever come from within if it indeed ever happens. Now if you are calm while reading this, I am betting you will probably agree again. Are there not people out there who resist change by shouting the mantra that goes along the lines of "cold dead hands" and would rather take the law into their own hands than see the 2nd amendment overturned and gun controls introduced by some no-good useless Beatnik liberal government of the future. I am thinking yes.

Perhaps you meant to say "I don't happen to like yer tone Mr Davros, but I actually agree with what you said in that there paragraph".