View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #20
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: First Impressions

Just wondering, but, has anyone found this game to be too difficult or found the fights too tough? I am reading quite a few posts on the forums about this, and cannot for the life of me understand why.

Is it that they're just fps kiddies trying to mow everything down? You know, no pausing, taking care of their "main" char only and expecting the rest to happen on its own. I mean, anyone who has played BG to NWN to PS:T knows the value of pausing and queueing up actions. How in the hell are these people "wiping almost every fight" on normal mode?

I am not that far in myself, and am playing on normal difficulty, but everything I have come up against so far is a breeze once I watch health and queue up spells/skills. I have barely used any potions or items, instead relying on my own character abilities to mitigate or heal damage. I dunno, it just seems odd to me that anyone could experience the game this way. Challenging is great, but when they say they are dying every fight...wtf?