Old 06-04-2004, 01:28 PM   #39
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
off-topic:

what is the difference between pwi and pui?

on-topic:

i am offended but strong language (here or anywhere else) since my baptism in october. and would have reported it myself because this is a family friendly board and just because most young (11-13) teens cuss doesn't mean i support them reading it in a fully accessable forum.
For the love of... Okay, fine. Still funny to see how sensitive some people can get over something as irrelevant as a curse-word that's pretty much accepted in informal speech about anywhere else in the world anyway. I can see how some people consider it to be offensive, however; and besides, it's Ziroc's forum, Ziroc's rules. That much is clear, and I have no problems with abiding by it. But to ban someone for it? I personally think it's a bit too harsh. And I mean no disrespect to the moderators here (never did, never will), but what's wrong with a simple mod overrule edit and an official warning, especially regarding the context in which the "insult" was made?

And anyways, if the f-word is really that big a deal, just install a curseword-filter or something of the kind - replacing it by something silly, like "skippy ball" or "pineapple". Then all those tender, fragile 11-13 year old souls can at least enjoy IW without being surrounded by hypocrite expressions of shock whenever someone relapses into using one of the Forbidden Words.
[/QUOTE]I hear you, Grolj, but with respect when someone tells someone else to eff off, we take notice, friendship or no friendship, and I've got a damn good feeling that Z didn't know of Mel's friendship with Hiero. I'm not at all surprised he reacted the way he did, not knowing the context of which you speak. When I myself saw Aaron's post I didn't know what to think, and I knew of his friendship with Mel. As soon as Z reads this thread he'll have a better picture of the situation which will assist his decision making process with respect to the severity of the penalty.

Till then let's call this specific topic quits, eh? We're starting to recycle opinions and I can see this possibly heading into a cussers v anti-cussers debate, which I don't want to happen as it will detract from the reason Mel posted the thread in the first place - to clear Aaron's name and provide Z with the context in which the comment was made. I don't want that jeopardised by a debate I see developing on forum cussing policy as it's important that the integrity of this thread be maintained. This particular thread is NOT the place to debate forum policy - we all know there are mechanisms in place for people to use if they want to make suggestions on forum policy.

So on that note I'll close this, in everyone's best interests. I didn't want to, I hate proving Vask right but I'm guessing that if I leave it open it may do more harm than good if you know what I mean. You guys have a habit of getting carried away, you can't resist yourselves at times! Cheers.

[ 06-05-2004, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]